Disclosure: I received compensation from Aleve to write this post. All opinions are entirely my own. #NeverBackDown #Aleve #CollectiveBias #advertisement
Tom Petty wrote the inspiring song “I won’t back down.” This song sums up my life when it comes to adventure travel and just everyday life. I will not let aches and pains keep me down from travel, or from going on a run, or a social outing with a friend, or even to work.
Cross-country ski Marathons
I have participated in eight cross-country ski marathons. I have completed the American Birkebeiner five times, the Great Bear Chase once, the Gatineau Loppet once, and the Canada Ski Marathon once. These races are all over 30 miles. These are races you do not just jump on a pair of skis and go. It is necessary to build up your stamina and train all winter long.
Cross-country skiing is a full body workout that uses just about every muscle group and especially your shoulder, back, arms, and legs. It is easy to become sore and want to skip workouts. The post hot tub cures a lot of ills, but it does not help you bounce back 100%.
This is where Aleve Back & Muscle Pain comes into play. If I have post workout pain, I cannot let it stop me from the next workout or just going through my normal routine. Aleve can provide all day relief from pain, so I can make my next workout or my next day at work. Aleve Back & Muscle Pain is now available at Walmart. Only Aleve offers up to 12 hours of pain relief in just 1 pill*. All Day Strong, All Day long. *Among leading OTC brands,. based on minimum labelled dosing. Use as directed.
- Sign up for a cross-country ski marathon
- Start to train in the offseason by running or biking
- When it snows, ski as much as possible
- You can also find a training plan online like this option
- If it is not snowing in your area, drive or fly to somewhere where it is snowing
- If you feel pain during your training, take the prescribed Aleve Muscle & Back Pain dosage
Relief from backpacking pain
Cross-country skiing is not the only outdoor adventure activity that leaves me sore. Backpacking is even worse. Carrying around a fifty-pound pack on rugged trails is a killer. Most of my backpacking trips are multi day events, so I cannot afford to be out in the middle of the wilderness with a sore body too worn out and sore to make it out.
This is why I carry Aleve Muscle & Back Pain along with me on my backpacking trips. It is not me who is courageous in hiking out of the mountains with a sore back, it is Aleve that keeps down the pain, so the pain does not keep me down.
To make matters worse, when I am done with my hike, I usually jump into a car and drive for five to ten hours. Think of sore muscles cramping during that time. I can sometimes hardly get out of the vehicle.
Aleve moment in the Smoky Mountains
This exact scenario enfolded during my last hike in the Smoky Mountains. I hiked over fifty miles in three days over the most rugged terrain. I jumped in my car at the end of the hike and drove for ten hours home.
The next day I had to work. Thankfully, Aleve Back & Muscle Pain helped me get through the day. Just like it has through my cross-country ski workouts to be better prepared for marathons. Have you had an Aleve moment? You can share your moment for a chance to meet Kyrie Irving.
- To claim rebate: purchase two (2) Aleve products (80ct or larger) at any retailer between 9/15/18-10/31/18 on a single receipt, and text ALEVE to 555888 to receive submission instructions. Rebate: one (1) $5 Walmart eGift Card. Rebate offer valid 9/15/18-10/31/18, while supplies last. Limit one rebate per person. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. eGift Card subject to printed terms. Reply STOP to unsubscribe or HELP for help. 4 messages per month. Msg & Data rates may apply.
· NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes starts on 9/15/18 and ends 10/31/18, Legal residents of the 50 US/DC 18+. Void where prohibited. See Official Rules https://neverbackdownrules.pgtb.me/6SMMd8. Visit https://neverbackdown.pgtb.me/GRxbhS to enter. Legal residents of 50 US/DC only, 18 years of age or older.