on September 9, 2012 in
About Ted NelsonTed Nelson has been adventure traveling since he was 10 years old on camping trips with his Dad to places like the Great Smoky Mountains, The Everglades, and Big Bend National Park. In 2005 he added international travel to his repertoire with a three month trip to Southeast Asia.
SUPPORT THE SITE
- Life after dropping out of Nomadic Samuelâ€™s top 100 travel blogs July 31, 2012
- Seven delicious, naughty tropical fruits February 2, 2014
- Osa Travel with Felix Menocal in Corcovado, Costa Rica: a cautionary tale September 8, 2011
- Paddle the Wisconsin River for the best river camping in the Midwest June 20, 2011
- Seven delicious street foods in Trinidad & Tobago April 5, 2012
- A White River State Park Segway Tour oddity July 27, 2014
- Great Smoky Mountain backcountry photo essay July 25, 2014
- Bad etiquette camping on the Wisconsin River July 22, 2014
- Smoky Mountain bear encounters number 2, 3, and 4 July 12, 2014
- My first bear encounter in the Great Smoky Mountains July 11, 2014
- Francesca (@WorkMomTravels): So many people rave about the Segway but I'm stil...
- Craig Zabransky: All your photo essays should have a fanny-pack ima...
- Brian Otten: Ted, I enjoyed the post. If you'd ever have an...
- Ted Nelson: It was a good time. Glad I had an opportunity to t...
- Ted Nelson: The perks of the Segway was you could move faster,...
American Birkebeiner Marathon Bangkok birds Borneo Cambodia Canada Carnival 2012 Chicago adventure travel Corcovado National Park Costa Rica Everglades National Park featured Florida adventure travel France Great Smoky Mountains Gunflint Trail Guyana Illinois adventure travel Japan Kettle Moraine State Forest Khao Yai National Park Lake Michigan Lake Superior Malaysia Mexico Michigan adventure travel Minnesota adventure travel photo essay Port of Spain Puebla Quetico Provincial Park Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore South Dakota adventure travel Tennessee adventure travel Thailand travel photography Trinidad & Tobago Vietnam waterfalls wildlife winter Wisconsin adventure travel Wisconsin River Wisconsin State Parks World War II
Like us on Facebook
Follow Traveling Ted on Instagram
Traveling Ted categories
- Adventure travel
- Alpine skiing
- Central America
- cross country skiing
- Daily Travel Photo
- downhill skiing
- Gear review
- historical travel
- International backpacking
- Middle East
- Music Festivals
- North America
- Photograph of the week
- Road trip
- Scenic drive
- social media
- South America
- Southeast Asia
- United States
- Whitewater rafting
- wildlife safaris