on September 9, 2012 in
About Traveling TedTed Nelson has been adventure traveling since he was 10 years old on camping trips with his Dad to places like the Great Smoky Mountains, The Everglades, and Big Bend National Park. In 2005 he added international travel to his repertoire with a three month trip to Southeast Asia.
Follow Traveling Ted on Instagram
SUPPORT THE SITE
- Life after dropping out of Nomadic Samuelâ€™s top 100 travel blogs July 31, 2012
- Seven delicious, naughty tropical fruits February 2, 2014
- Guyana travel warning: you may fall in love with the people March 12, 2013
- Paddle the Wisconsin River for the best river camping in the Midwest June 20, 2011
- Osa Travel with Felix Menocal in Corcovado, Costa Rica: a cautionary tale September 8, 2011
- Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie sunset May 4, 2015
- Chicago River canoe rescue training April 26, 2015
- Five amazing National Park adventures April 23, 2015
- Nekoosa Walleye Days 2015 recap April 19, 2015
- Ralph Frese Memorial Paddle along the Chicago River April 9, 2015
- Aijika: Actually its a beautiful place. great shot Ted for...
- Leigh: Considering this is accessible from Chicago, I am ...
- Francesca (@WorkMomTravels): I want to do a river trip with you! :-) Especiall...
- Lola: I know you said you like canoes over kayaks but th...
- Traveling Ted: There are a lot of national parks that I have neve...
American Birkebeiner Marathon Bangkok birds Borneo Cambodia Canada Chicago adventure travel Corcovado National Park Costa Rica Everglades National Park featured Florida adventure travel France Great Smoky Mountains Gunflint Trail Guyana Illinois adventure travel Kettle Moraine State Forest Khao Yai National Park Lake Michigan Lake Superior Malaysia Manuel Antonio National Park Mexico Michigan adventure travel Minnesota adventure travel photo essay Port of Spain Quetico Provincial Park Sarawak Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore South Dakota adventure travel sunsets Tennessee adventure travel Thailand travel photography Trinidad & Tobago Vietnam waterfalls wildlife winter Wisconsin adventure travel Wisconsin River Wisconsin State Parks World War II
Like us on Facebook
Traveling Ted categories
- Adventure travel
- Alpine skiing
- Central America
- cross country skiing
- Daily Travel Photo
- downhill skiing
- Gear review
- historical travel
- International backpacking
- Middle East
- Music Festivals
- North America
- Photograph of the week
- Road trip
- Scenic drive
- social media
- South America
- Southeast Asia
- United States
- Whitewater rafting
- wildlife safaris