Costa Rica daily travel photos: Honey, it is time to walk the pig

Puerto Jimeniz Costa Rica pig

Time to walk the pig in Puerto Jimenez

I can just visualize the domestic scene five minutes before this photo was taken. “Asdrubal, have you walked the pig yet?” Asdrubal is sipping his delicious Costa Rican coffee and grunts: “damn pet pig.”

Puerto Jimeniz Costa Rica pig

Get moving piggie

Five minutes later he is out on the street leading the Puerto Jimeniz version of Green Acre’s Arnold on a leash in front of my watchful eye. I guess we can surmise that in Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica there is no leash law for dogs, but if you let your pig run free, you will pay.

They say if you stay in one place for long, the whole world will pass you by. I was patiently waiting for my guide to show up, who was to lead me on an adventure into Corcovado National Park, when this hilarious scene passed me by. I was watching scarlet macaws fly over and checking out iguanas in the trees, but a man and his pig surpassed all of that and caught my camera’s attention.

I have seen cats on a leash, and I always thought that was kind of weird, but leading a pig in this fashion tops all. Pet ownership has many perks, but it can also be a chore. Perhaps there is a new animal in the running for man’s best friend?

Stay tuned,

The goal of Traveling Ted TV is to inspire people to outdoor adventure travel and then provide tips on where and how to go. If you liked this post then enter your email in the box to get email notifications for each new entry. Daily travel photos are excluded from your email in order to not flood you with posts. There is no spam and email information will not be shared. Other e-follow options include Facebook (click on the like box to the right) or twitter (click on the pretty bird on the rainbow above).

, ,

6 Responses to Costa Rica daily travel photos: Honey, it is time to walk the pig

1. TripFab September 6, 2011 at 12:56 am #

This is hilarious!
    However I do feel I have to let you know that you were waiting for your guide in “Puerto Jimenez” not “Jimeniz” :)

• TripFab September 9, 2011 at 1:39 am #

Oh I wouldn´t mind… I would never get in the way of someone trying to enjoy an delicious beer in Manuel Antonio…

Make sure you have some chifrijo to go along with that beer…

Take care and have fun!

2. Joel Siegfried September 6, 2011 at 4:49 am #

I have heard that pigs are very smart compared to some people. This may be proof. Your adventures are amazing, as is your sharp observations. Thanks for taking me there through your words and photos.

Cheers,
    Joel

Joel Siegfried
    National Desk – Airlines/Airport Examiner
    National Desk – News Analysis Examiner
    Email: ecto@cox.net
    Airlines/Airport Examiner: http://www.examiner.com/airlinesairport-in-national/joel-siegfried http://exm.nr/q9Wlly
    News Analysis Examiner: http://www.examiner.com/news-analysis-in-national/joel-siegfried http://exm.nr/q8XLNL
    Portfolio Page: http://members.cox.net/joel.siegfried
    RSS Feed Update: http://joel.sharkpanda.com/
    Joel Siegfried recently posted..Cessna crash kills two causing massive California wildfire

3. Robb714 September 6, 2011 at 5:45 pm #

All I can say is free the pigs! No having goats I can fully understand the need to keep them contained and or restricted. Nice little pick me up piece, Ted.
    Robb714 recently posted..Endurance of the Human Spirit

4. Jeff Titelius September 6, 2011 at 11:27 pm #

Loved this very funny post. Wonder if he led him to the market? Lol.

5. Lisa @chickybus September 7, 2011 at 10:42 am #

Great one! I wonder if the pig walked faster than the man or vice versa. And I wonder if this is done to let the pig out for a while for exercise or if he/she needs to be “let out” for other reasons. :)
    Lisa @chickybus recently posted..10 Types of Spammers and Why They’re All Evil Cyber Spawn